Monday, October 27, 2014

Tis The Season to Get Spooky - PART I // Fighting the Boogeyman and Keeping the Fear // LITERATURE



Tis The Season to Get Spooky

Here's a poem I wrote inspired by Night Shift, a short story by Stephen King (learn more HERE and HERE). This poem was actually one of my many summer reading assignments of yesteryear but I found it hidden away on my computer and thought it fit perfectly with the current season. Halloween's coming up! I have to work Halloween night but I think I'll pack some candy to eat just for fun ;]

Have you read Night Shift before? What are your thoughts on the poem?




(TEXT VERSION BELOW)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting the Boogeyman and Keeping the Fear

The horror inside that you cannot see,
the crippling menace and silent killer.
A crime of the mind naught one man can flee,
a demon arrives to bring a chiller
hairy tingle right up your bones and spine,
so you turn your head just in time to glimpse
the nights shadow in a corner confined,


wide awake after dark, your faith’s eclipsed.
The ones you’ve loved have been taken away,
a man of simple thoughts searching for peace.
But the help you sought found only decay,
aware your contract is ending on life.
Your soul has grown weak; you no longer fight
the demon whispering you’re “so nice, so nice”.

- lizzvisions

No comments:

Post a Comment